Saturday, October 18, 2014

Marc Jacobs Magic Marc'er & MUFE Pro-Finish

Today I'll be reviewing the two items that i mentioned in the title. The picture of the items in package are below. We shall start with the MUFE Pro-Finish compact powder. It is a light to medium coverage.

In my last post I had said I was probably a shade #117? Well, I was very wrong... After having tried three different shades, I'm happy to say that the shade #113(Neutral Porcelain) is the closest match to my skin. I had a really hard time choosing the correct shade since it does look darker in the compact, but when I tested them on my inner wrist they looked paler, so I had thought maybe the #117 would be a match. Apparently, it made me look like I had a fake tan, haha. Closest I'll ever get to tanning, since I don't tan easily. Luckily, I don't burn easily either.  

Anyways, I've been using the Pro-Finish for about a month? I feel that it does a great job in terms of coverage, of course there's the talc in it, which does make it feel a bit thicker. If you want light coverage, just use a powder brush, and sweep it over your face after applying some concealer. It won't feel too heavy when used this way. Of course, that is a good thing, since I prefer not to feel the makeup, on a day-to-day basis. When I go out with my friends though,that is a different case, I don't always want to go all out, and the coverage I get when I use the application sponge, I would say is medium-full coverage. Which really depends on what type of skin you have. At that point, I feel like there's a bit of makeup on my face. It does a good job evening out my skin, as I do have some pigmentation from old acne. The good part is, it does not look too powdery even when I apply it thickly. This may have to do with my skin being combination type. 

There is a down side to this powder though, as I do like to alternate between, cream type concealers like the YSL Anti-Cernes concealer, Hourglass Hidden Corrective concealer, and liquid types like MUFE Full Coverage concealer. The powder works horrible with the cream type of concealers. It sets the concealer in a way that does not look pretty, maybe the cream concealers are too thick. So if you tend to use cream type concealers, either don't bother with this compact, or switch over to a liquid type of concealer.


Now onto the MJ Magic Marc'er...

It is honestly, a pricey liner. Unless your eyelids are super oily, don't even bother with it. For those who don't have oily eyelids, I recommend the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner. The Stila eyeliner I believe is around $26(CAD) at Sephora, and the MJ is $36(CAD), literally a $10 difference. They are pretty much the same, both are waterproof, great for people who cry alot, or like to go the gym with a bit of makeup on(don't hate), except for the fact that I feel the MJ stays longer and better for me. One of my friends tested the two on the back of her hand, placed under water and rubbed both, which did not budge. So, like I said, if you don't have oily skin, you don't need to spend that extra $10 to get the MJ one, unless you like trying different products, and you can afford it. In terms of the pen size, I prefer MJ over Stila, as the MJ pen is a bit thicker. In terms of the pen tip, the Stila tip is much softer and whereas the MJ one is really stiff and hard. For the MJ eyeliner, the colour intensity is not as strong,so you may need to draw it twice.

Hopefully I helped you make a decision here today or at least entertained you with my ramblings.


Love Bonn.

No comments:

Post a Comment